Summary: Manages the operation of the Dietary Department and supervises the preparation, presentation and serving of food to residents in large buildings.
- GED or High School Diploma
- BS in business or similar preferred
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred
- Two years experience in large quantity food preparation. Experience with therapeutic and mechanically altered diet preparation preferred. One year experience in a supervisory role.
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Instructs employees in the safe operation and maintenance of equipment, proper food preparation and handling techniques, and the work area cleanup process.
- Develops procedures that ensure residents are served the correct food, in proper proportions, at the right temperature and in sanitary conditions.
- Monitors food preparation for compliance with menus and recipes.
- Checks for special diet or nutritional requirements for new residents.
- Instructs employees in the proper cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, pots and pans and otherutensils.
- Participates in patient care conferences.
- Prepares work schedules and maintains adequate staffing.
- Orders food and supplies, checks shipments, and conducts inventories.
- Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
- Develops budgets and ensures budget levels are not exceeded.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable Federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Knowledge of safe food preparation and handling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and food.
- Skilled in quantity food production.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be accurate, concise, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English through verbal and written means.
- Ability to do basic math.