Summary: Manages the operation of the Dietary Department and supervises the preparation, presentation and serving of food to residents in large buildings. Qualifications: Education:
- GED or High School Diploma
- BS in business or similar preferred
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred
- Two years experience in large quantity food preparation. Experience with therapeutic and mechanically altered diet preparation preferred. One year experience in a supervisory role.
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Instructs employees in the safe operation and maintenance of
Summary: Plans, coordinates and provides total nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act. Qualifications: Education:
- Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year of nursing experience preferred.
- Initiates and leads team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assesses and documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
Summary: Assists with the preparation and service of food using proper food handling and food safety techniques for residents, as well as employees and special events that tastes good and is served at the proper temperature and in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards. Maintains a clean and safe working environment in accordance with established standards. Qualifications: Education:
- Tenth grade or above desirable.
- Food Handlers permit is required per state regulations.
- Experience in foodservice desired.
- Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such
Homestead Rehabilitation Center has been recognized as a 2017 “Silver Achievement in Quality Award” recipient by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The award is the second of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, which was established in 1996 and spotlights providers across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality of care for residents and patients in long term and post-acute care centers and communities. “Homestead is one of four skilled nursing facilities in Nebraska to achieve this prestigious recognition,” said Administrator Matt Romshek. “This honor
Homestead residents enjoyed an outing to Roca Berry Farm today. Earlier this month, residents displayed their creativity with painting pumpkins. We are all excited for the Annual Halloween Trick-or-Treat Party, next Thursday October 26th!
TRICK-or-TREAT with our residents on Thursday, October 26th from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.! Homestead Rehabilitation Center offers an annual Halloween party, where kids will have a safe environment to trick-or-treat. Our residents are looking forward to handing out the treats! Hope to see you (and your costumes) on Thursday, October 26th!