Responsible for establishing and maintaining resident medical records in accordance with Extended Care policies and State and Federal regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One years experience as a Medical Records Clerk or with record keeping responsibility in a doctor’s office.
- Provide training, direction, and guidance for the medical records staff.
- Ensures medical records are complete, assembled in standard order, and filed appropriately.
- Participates in the hiring, disciplining, and evaluation of medical records employees.
- Prepares work schedules and maintains adequate staffing.
- Locates, signs out, and delivers medical records and follow-up to ensure they are returned.
- Compiles statistical data such as admissions, discharges, deaths, births, and types of treatment given.
- Operates a computer to enter and retrieve data, type correspondence, and produce reports.
- Restricts access to resident medical records to those staff members with a valid requirement.
- Files documents in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains, retains, and archives files in accordance with Extended Care policy and State and Federal regulations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable Federal and State laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Assist with entering physician’s orders and capable of interpreting all pertinent medical terminology within the order.