Summary: Performs basic activities related to maintenance and upkeep of building and grounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid State driver license is required.
- One year experience in building and medical maintenance.
- Makes deliveries, picks up supplies and equipment, and load and unloads vehicle.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- On Call every other weekend.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair required to keep the building and equipment in good working order.
- Monitors building and equipment renovations, remodeling or replacement projects done by contractors.
- Under supervision, maintains and repairs HVAC, refrigerators, boilers, washers and dryers, and other equipment.
- Participates in painting, redecorating, carpentry, concrete and masonry projects.
- Conducts and documents routine inspection of fire control equipment and sprinkler systems.
- Generator checklist, and monthly fire alarm system testing and sprinkler pressure, for survey and safety compliance.
- Coordinates/documents monthly fire drills.
- Inspects grounds and cuts grass, trims, and takes other appropriate action.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be patient and polite.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of building codes and rules and regulation regarding the operation of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.