HIRE ON BONUS
Prepares and serves food using proper food handling and food safety techniques for residents, as well as employees and special events that tastes good and is served at the proper temperature and in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards. Maintains a clean and safe working environment in accordance with established standards.
- Minimum of tenth grade or above
- GED or High School Diploma or above preferred
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations
- Minimum of three years experience in large quantity food preparation. Experience with therapeutic diet preparation preferred.
NOTE: Federal Child Labor Laws do not permit employees younger than 18 years of age to work with or repair,
adjust, or clean power-driven machines such as meat slicers and commercial mixers. Therefore, individuals
must be at least 18 years of age to be employed in this position.
- Prepares food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu, as well as employees and special events, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Prepares alternative items to meet residents’ individual needs and food preferences.
- Prepares and /or portions of food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
- Makes only authorized changes to the planned menu and records the change according to established policy.
- Ensure that food tastes good and is served in an attractive, appetizing manner.
- Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare menu items.
- Ensures that meals and snacks are delivered to designated areas according to established time schedules.
- Ensures that the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or pre-portioned as directed and within established time schedules.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records temperatures of food according to established procedures.
- Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the planned menu, the resident’s diet order, and food preferences.
- Uses the correct portion control utensils during the preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food.
- Labels, dates, and stores food properly according to established policies.
- Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Washes dishes, etc. according to established procedures for manual and/or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with proper water temperatures or sanitizer to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Keeps work area clean and uncluttered during preparation and service of food.
- Performs cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
- Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and using protective equipment as needed.
- Ensures that dishes, etc. are readily available for the next meal. Stores dishes, etc. in the proper location in a way to prevent contamination.
- Assists in receiving, storing, and verifying invoices for incoming food, supplies, etc. as indicated by the supervisor.
- Ensures that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. is available at all times. Reports inadequate stock levels to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
- Maintains the security of the department.
- Performs all duties using proper safety techniques.
- Operates equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory direction. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating condition. Reports all equipment problems to the supervisor promptly.
- Completes tasks according to established time schedules.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor regarding improvements in recipes, menus, production and service of food, equipment, etc. to enhance the quality of the food service.
- Works cooperatively as a team member with co-workers in all departments of the Nursing Center.
- Interacts appropriately and in a positive manner with residents, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and ethics according to Altitude policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends in-service education and applies instruction to job.
- Assumes the responsibility of the Nutrition Services Department in the absence of the supervisor.
- Knowledge of safe food preparation and handling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and food.
- Skilled in quantity food production.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be patient and polite.
- Ability to be accurate, concise, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English through verbal and written means.
- Ability to do basic math.